Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Total 50 mins
Makes 8 Thighs
Toria's crispy marinated chicken always goes down a storm.
- 8 chicken leg portions or thighs (a mixture is nice!), skin on
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Approx. 750g new potatoes, scrubbed & cut into slices
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 200°c
- For the marinade: Lightly cut the skin of the chicken portions (about 3 times on each). Grate the zest of one of the lemons and squeeze the juice from both. In a dish mix the lemon zest, juice, tarragon, 1 tablespoon of the oil and salt and pepper. Put the chicken in and coat it in the marinade.
- Put the potato slices in the base of a roasting tin, coat them in the remaining oil and arrange slices, preferably in one layer, but it doesn't matter if they overlap a little bit. Sprinkle with the paprika. Place a wire rack on top and arrange the chicken pieces on the rack. Roast for 30-40 minutes until the chicken is well browned.