This recipe is crying out for a table in the garden, laid out ready for friends to come round and enjoy a light, summery evening meal. It’s very quick to make, leaving me plenty of time to sit and chat and enjoy the sunshine.
- 350g linguine
- 150g tenderstem broccoli
- Olive oil
- Bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 200g fresh white crab meat
- Handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Lemon juice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling salted water for 10–12 minutes until al dente.
- Meanwhile, blanch the broccoli in boiling water until tender. Drain and refresh under cold water, then slice the stems, keeping the heads whole. Set aside. In a large pan, heat a little oil and fry the spring onions and chilli until translucent and tender.
- Add the cooked pasta with a splash of the cooking water to the frying pan, then stir through the broccoli, crab meat, parsley and lemon juice to taste. Season well and tip into a large, warm bowl, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve.