Prep 20 mins
Cook 160 mins
Total 180 mins
e.g. 'This lamb tagine with prunes is a perfect one-pot winter warmer'
- 1x leg of lamb, weighing about 2.5kg (5lb)
- 1 whole bulb of garlic cloves
- vegetable oil, for drizzling lots of fresh rosemary
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- a selection of vegetables and roasted potatoes, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180c (350f)
- Cut little slits with a sharp knife in the leg of lamb- about 20 or so all over. Peel the garlic, cut each clove into slices about the size of your thumbnail and stick them n the holes in the lamb. Drizzle with the oil and season well with salt and pepper.
- Take little branches of the rosemary and stick these in the holes next to the garlic so the whole leg looks like a porcupine.
- Take the garlic skins and all the rosemary trimmings and drop them into the bottom of a large roasting dish. Position the leg of lamb on top and roast in the preheated oven for about 2-2 ½ hours (for medium), or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve with your selection of vegetables and roast potatoes.