Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Serves 8 - 12
This pineapple upside down pudding is deliciously sweet.
- 275g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 275g golden syrup
- 12 canned pineapple rings in natural juice drained
- 12 glacé cherries
- 275g caster sugar
- 275g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100ml milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Grease a deep 32 x 22cm baking dish with butter and line with non-stick baking parchment. Pour the golden syrup into the tin, tilting the tin to evenly spread the syrup. Arrange the pineapple rings over the golden syrup in 3 rows of 4. Place a glacé cherry in the middle of each pineapple ring.
- Place the butter, sugar, flour and baking powder in the bowl of a food processor. Lightly beat the eggs, milk and vanilla essence together and pour into the processor bowl. Blitz for 1 minute until thoroughly blended.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and level out with a palette knife. Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden and a skewer inserted into the centre, comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for 15 minutes. Turn out onto a serving plate or chopping board and cut into slices. Serve warm with custard.