Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Total 30 mins
This peanut butter & banana porridge is a tasty twist on a boring classic.
- 70g jumbo porridge oats
- 200ml almond milk, plus extra to serve
- 1-2 large, ripe bananas
- 2tbsp maple syrup
- 1-2tsp crunchy peanut butter
- 3tbsp peanuts, roasted and chopped
- Pour the oats, almond milk and 150ml water into a pan with a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil, then turn down to a simmer. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until thickened, stirring continuously.
- Slice half the bananas and mash the other half.
- Add the sliced banana and 1tbsp maple syrup to a pan. Heat the syrup until bubbling and allow it to caramelise the banana.
- Stir the mashed banana and peanut butter into the porridge. Top with the caramelised banana, remaining maple syrup and peanuts. Serve immediately with the extra almond milk.