Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Total 35 mins
These ginger and coconut puddings have a tropical touch and always go down a treat.
- 1tsp icing sugar mixed with a pinch of ground ginger
- 6 pieces stem ginger, finely chopped plus 3 tbsp of the Agave Nectar
- 75g coconut oil, melted
- 200ml warm water
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, grated
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp allspice
- 175g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 eggs
- 100g light muscavado sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 and grease 8 darial moulds and then dust with a mixture of icing sugar and ground ginger.
- Melt the coconut oil with the stem ginger nectar in a pan until simmering, then add the warm water
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl, then add the sugar, fresh ginger, ground ginger, allspice, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the eggs and coconut oil mixture and whisk with an electric hand whisk until smooth. Fold in the chopped stem ginger.
- Divide between the moulds, making sure they are no more than 2/3 full then place on a baking sheet and cook for approximately 13-15 minutes. The puddings will have risen, so level out the tops with a knife and then turn out and serve with custard or cream.