Prep 6 mins
Cook 4 mins
Total 10 mins
These quick-to-make sandwiches are a simple yet delicious number.
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 4 thin slices from a large goat’s cheese log
- ?4 slices Serrano ham
- 2 ripe figs, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1?2 teaspoon sea salt
- Roll out each slice of bread with a rolling pin to half its original thickness. Place a slice of goat’s cheese on a slice of bread.
- Using a knife, cut a circle in the bread to the shape of the cheese. Add a slice of Serrano ham and half a fig. Top the sandwich with another slice of rolled bread and press the edges together to seal. Repeat for the other three sandwiches.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the sandwiches for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown and crisp. You may need to do this in batches and top up the olive oil as necessary.