Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Total 25 mins
Makes 650 g (1 lb 6 oz)
I love Nutella but I also like plain chocolate spread. Why mess with genius, you may ask? Nutella is ace! You’re right, but sometimes it’s nice to make your own jar of gooey rich chocolate spread, and this is perfect for those who can’t eat nuts. It will keep in the fridge for about a month.
- 100 g (31?2 oz) milk chocolate
- 100 g (31?2 oz) dark chocolate
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- A pinch of salt
- 1 x 397 g (14 oz) tin condensed milk
- 6 tablespoons hot water
- Melt both the chocolates with the oil and salt in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water – don’t let the bowl actually touch the hot water. Remove from the heat.
- Mix in the condensed milk and 3 tablespoons of hot water from the saucepan, then transfer to a stand mixer and whip on a medium-low setting for about 5–10 minutes until cool. It should have the consistency of a cake mixture with bubbles in.
- Pour into a jar and refrigerate overnight.