Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Total 30 mins
This Crispy Duck and Pancakes recipe is a quick and easy take on one of my takeaway favourites.
- 2 duck breasts, skin on
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ó cucumber
- bunch of spring onions
- 8 Chinese pancakes
- hoisin or plum sauce, to serve
- Score the skin of the duck and rub with a little of the five spice and most of the salt.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over a high heat and lay the duck breasts in skin side down.
- Cook for 10 minutes until the skin is very crispy and the fat rendered out.
- Pour away most of the fat then sprinkle the meat side with the rest of the five spice and salt.
- Turn the breasts over and cook for 5 minutes before turning them back over on to the skin side to cook for a minute or two more. Set aside on a plate to rest.
- Peel and deseed the cucumber and cut into thin matchsticks.
- Halve the spring onions and slice each one lengthways into thin matchsticks. Fill a bowl with cold water and ice and drop the spring onions into it.
- Warm the pancakes according to the packet instructions.
- Finely slice the crispy-skinned duck breasts, and drain and pat dry the spring onions. Serve the pancakes with a splodge of hoisin or plum sauce, slices of the duck and a few cucumber and spring onion pieces.