Serves 4 - 6
Asparagus and pesto puff pastry tart is the perfect family snack.
- 375g Ready-rolled sheet all butter puff pastry
- Bunch of asparagus
- 2 tbsp fresh pesto
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 100g firm mozzarella, grated
- 25g pine nuts
- 1 egg, beaten
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Basil to serve (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
- Unroll the pastry and place on a baking tray. Score a border around 2cm from the edge and prick inside the border with a fork. Bake for 15 minutes until lightly golden and puffed up, then remove from the oven and push down the centre of the tart.
- Meanwhile, blanch the asparagus in boiling water for 2 minutes, then drain and cool under cold running water. Cut each spear in half lengthways.
- In a bowl, mix the pesto with the crème fraîche and cream cheese and season well. Spread this over the base of the pastry and top with the sliced asparagus, then sprinkle with the grated mozzarella and pine nuts. Brush the edge of the pastry with beaten egg, then return to the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the edges golden.
- Drizzle with oil, scatter with basil leaves and serve.