Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Total 40 mins
Makes 30 and 400ml of sauce
Who doesn't love a good bit of biscotti? Well you're sure to love it even more after trying it with this delicious mocha choca dipping sauce.
- 150g plain flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 75g caster sugar
- 50g butter
- 75g ground almonds
- 75g blanched almonds, chopped
- 1 large egg white
- 1tsp almond extract
- 1 tbsp Amaretto
- 225g dark chocolate
- 80g caster sugar
- 120ml double cream
- 60ml espresso
- Preheat oven to 180c/160c fan.
- Sieve flour and baking powder into a food processor with butter and sugar and pulse until it resembles breadcrumbs
- Add the ground and blanched almonds then mix in the egg white and almond extract and Amaretto
- Divide in half and shape each piece into a sausage, about 20cm long, 5cm wide and 1.5cm deep. Put on a lightly greased baking tray and bake in the oven for half an hour.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes then cut on the diagonal into about 30 slices. Place back on the baking tray, cut side up, and cook for a further 10-20 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack completely before sealing in an airtight container.
- For the dipping sauce: Put the chocolate into a food processor and blitz until you have gravel-like pieces
- In a pan warm the cream and the sugar and once combined mix in the chocolate and the espresso until you have a lovely thick glossy sauce. If you want it slightly thinner add a glug more cream. Pour into little kilner jars or, if eating straight away, into a little bowl!