Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
Total 19 mins
This delicious black-eyed bean salad requires small effort and produces big results.
- 1 cup of black eyed beans
- approx. 220g cherry tomatoes quartered
- half a cucumber cubed
- a handful of radishes thinly sliced
- 1 avocado diced
- a tbsp. fresh chopped coriander
- a tbsp. fresh chopped mint
- juice of half a lemon
- salt and pepper
- Cook the beans as per instructions on packet. I don’t tend to soak mine just boil them in 3 times the amount of salted water and simmer for just over an hour ( you may need to top up the water) until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Cool a little.
- In a large bowl combine the beans with the salad and herbs then a good grind of salt and pepper and lemon juice. Serve.